Buzău County Museum website

"Hermetic" exhibition

Press release

Opening of the "Hermetic" exhibition

 

 

Buzau County Museum, a culture and research institution operating under the authority of Buzau County Council, hosts, during 18.05.2021 – 27.06.2021, the exhibition "Hermetic", with works signed by the artist Ion Anghel.

 

Well established in the world of arts, with an abundant exhibition activity, winner of numerous awards and doctor in this field, Ion Anghel exhibits at the Buzău County Museum a series of collage works, painting and picto-objects, in the exhibition "Hermetic", where he applies the concept of presentation by encapsulating his works in shop windows. Thus, they borrow from the character of the museum exhibits and from their preciousness, integrating perfectly in the concept of display here.

 

The works have a strong ethnographic air as the raw material used in their creation comes from the richly inspired world of the village, from objects found by chance but still following a state of permanent search fused with intuition, research and understanding from a plastic point of view of the world. The appearance and the patina of wear lead this exhibition into the universe of povera art, where Ion Anghel uses major plasticity of the found things, sometimes reaching the effect of ready-made art, but in the same measure and intervenes on them communicating directly, simple and raw.

 

The opening of the exhibition will take place Tuesday, May 18, 2021, starting with 11:00, at the headquarters of the Buzău County Museum.

 

We look forward to seeing you at the museum!

 

Manager

Dr. Daniel Costache

Buzau County Museum

Buzau County Museum is the main museum institution in Buzau County. Its foundations were laid by Basil Iorgulescu and the development of the collections led to several stages of expansion. The current headquarters is the third. From 1977 until now it is housed in the building of the former Girls' School. The building, built between 1931 and 1937, is included in the list of historical monuments, being one of the most imposing buildings in the city.

The permanent exhibitions were opened here in 1980-1981, being subsequently modified and updated in 1986, 1990, 1999-2001, 2004, 2015-2017. The newest project was implemented after the complete restoration of the building (carried out in the period 2010-2015, based on the financing of 36,906,590 lei / 8,201,464 Euros offered through the Regional Operational Program 2007-2013).

In the 1980s and 1990s, the museum's collections became substantially richer as a result of archaeological research, acquisitions, and donations. In addition to the consistent collections of history and archeology, the museum's fund has grown steadily, enriching itself with valuable goods ethnographical, artist, numismatics and in the field of mineralogy and al natural sciences.

Under the auspices of the institution, a series of books were published ("Mousaios Library"), 2 annual scientific bulletins ("Mousaios" and "Annals of the Buzău”), Catalogs and monographs, fruit of the scientific research activity carried out within the museum institution.

Buy a ticket
Learn more
Font Resize
en_GBEnglish (UK)