Buzău County Museum website

Exhibition "The war in Afghanistan seen through the photo lens of the Romanian military 2001-2021"

 

Buzau County Museum, a cultural and research institution operating under the authority Buzau County Council, based in Buzău, Aleea Castanilor, no. 1, announces the opening of the exhibition "The war in Afghanistan seen through the photo lens of the Romanian military 2001-2021”, Organized in partnership with "Getica" 2nd Infantry Division and Buzău County Gendarme Inspectorate.

 

The public will have the opportunity to admire a series of unique photographs that illustrate the participation of the Romanian military contingents in international missions carried out in Afghanistan. Thus, edifying aspects of personal and group experiences, moments of conflict, relaxation, aerial photographs, from the ground, or images with natives are rendered, impressing the images with the most innocent of them, children, victims of war.

 

The exhibition project is integrated in the exhibition "Romanian Army in the Great War 1916-1918”, Made in collaboration with "King Ferdinand I" National Military Museum, the museum approach aiming to create an arc over time, bringing to the public's attention, first of all, Romania's human contribution to the war effort. It mirrors various aspects of the military actions of the Great War and the war in Afghanistan, under different conditions of military technique, geopolitical order, relief and climate.

 

The opening of the exhibition "The war in Afghanistan seen through the photo lens of the Romanian military 2001-2021" will take place Monday, November 29, starting at 11:00, at the headquarters of the Buzău County Museum.

 

Admission is free on the day of the event, but access is allowed in accordance with current regulations.

 

We look forward to seeing you at the museum!

Manager

Dr. Daniel Costache

Buzau County Museum

Buzau County Museum is the main museum institution in Buzau County. Its foundations were laid by Basil Iorgulescu and the development of the collections led to several stages of expansion. The current headquarters is the third. From 1977 until now it is housed in the building of the former Girls' School. The building, built between 1931 and 1937, is included in the list of historical monuments, being one of the most imposing buildings in the city.

The permanent exhibitions were opened here in 1980-1981, being subsequently modified and updated in 1986, 1990, 1999-2001, 2004, 2015-2017. The newest project was implemented after the complete restoration of the building (carried out in the period 2010-2015, based on the financing of 36,906,590 lei / 8,201,464 Euros offered through the Regional Operational Program 2007-2013).

In the 1980s and 1990s, the museum's collections became substantially richer as a result of archaeological research, acquisitions, and donations. In addition to the consistent collections of history and archeology, the museum's fund has grown steadily, enriching itself with valuable goods ethnographical, artist, numismatics and in the field of mineralogy and al natural sciences.

Under the auspices of the institution, a series of books were published ("Mousaios Library"), 2 annual scientific bulletins ("Mousaios" and "Annals of the Buzău”), Catalogs and monographs, fruit of the scientific research activity carried out within the museum institution.

Buy a ticket
Learn more
Font Resize
en_GBEnglish (UK)