Buzău County Museum website

Dumitru Dan Trophy Award Ceremony, 1st edition

communique

 

             Buzău County Museum, a culture and research institution operating under the authority of Buzău County Council, based in Buzău, Aleea chestnut, no. 1, legally represented by Dr. Daniel Costache as Manager, announces the organization of the award ceremony of Dumitru Dan Trophy, 1st edition

             Dumitru Dan Trophy was created at the initiative of the Buzau cyclist Cristian Mănăilă and was organized by the Buzau County Museum in collaboration with the “Penteleu” Sports Club Association, under the auspices of Randonneurs Romania. The series of patents of 200 km, 300 km, 400 km and 600 km were attended by 40 cyclists from the counties: Bacău, Buzău, Dâmboviţa, Galaţi, Iaşi, Ilfov, Prahova and Bucharest.

             The competition, the first of its kind held in Buzău County, is dedicated to the first Romanian globe-trotter, Dumitru Dan, a personality whose performance is capitalized on in the hall. Walk around the world. The story of the 497 pairs of opinci.

             Award ceremony a Dumitru Dan Trophy will begin with the screening of the film sandals, an animated short film made by Anton Groves and Damian Groves, which won this year's Romanian Film Days Award at TIFF (Transylvania International Film Festival).

             The event will take place on November 16, 2019, at the headquarters of the Buzău County Museum, Amphitheater Hall, starting with 17:00.

             The entry is free.

Buzau County Museum
Manager
Dr. Daniel Costache

Buzau County Museum

Buzau County Museum is the main museum institution in Buzau County. Its foundations were laid by Basil Iorgulescu and the development of the collections led to several stages of expansion. The current headquarters is the third. From 1977 until now it is housed in the building of the former Girls' School. The building, built between 1931 and 1937, is included in the list of historical monuments, being one of the most imposing buildings in the city.

The permanent exhibitions were opened here in 1980-1981, being subsequently modified and updated in 1986, 1990, 1999-2001, 2004, 2015-2017. The newest project was implemented after the complete restoration of the building (carried out in the period 2010-2015, based on the financing of 36,906,590 lei / 8,201,464 Euros offered through the Regional Operational Program 2007-2013).

In the 1980s and 1990s, the museum's collections became substantially richer as a result of archaeological research, acquisitions, and donations. In addition to the consistent collections of history and archeology, the museum's fund has grown steadily, enriching itself with valuable goods ethnographical, artist, numismatics and in the field of mineralogy and al natural sciences.

Under the auspices of the institution, a series of books were published ("Mousaios Library"), 2 annual scientific bulletins ("Mousaios" and "Annals of the Buzău”), Catalogs and monographs, fruit of the scientific research activity carried out within the museum institution.

Buy a ticket
Learn more
Font Resize
en_GBEnglish (UK)