Buzău County Museum website

Let's go hand in hand at the County Museum - 2020 edition

communique

 

Buzău County Museum, George Ciprian Theater, Buzău County Center for Culture and Art, in partnership with the 2nd Getica Infantry Division and the Buzău County Gendarme Inspectorate, under the auspices of the Buzău County Council, announce the implementation of the 5th edition of the cultural program educational Let's go hand in hand at the County Museum.

Along with the main moment of the event, the biggest Union Choir played in Buzau, the organizers have prepared this year special moments represented by military music, the reception of the riding suite of Prince Alexandru Ioan Cuza, a folk show performed by members of the Folklore Ensemble "Plaiurile Mioriței ”.

The events, organized on the occasion of the Day of the Union of the Romanian Principalities, will take place on January 24, 2020, starting with 10.45, in the perimeter space of the Buzău County Museum and will take place according to the following schedule:

10:45 - 11:00 / Official opening of the program, speeches by officials and moments organized by the 2nd Infantry Division "Getica";

11:00 - 11:30 / Moments of reenactment: the arrival of the unionist delegation composed of Prince Alexandru Ioan Cuza and his entourage, as well as of Prince Mihai Viteazul, the one who made the first union of the Romanian Lands, as well as King Ferdinand I, the one which completed the Union of Romania; theater scene - meeting the two rulers and the king at the headquarters of the Buzău County Museum;

11:30 - 12:00 / Union Hour around the museum building;

12:00 - 12:30 / Folk show supported by the Buzau County Center for Culture and Art.

The people of Buzău are invited to participate in this festive event and to visit the basic exhibitions of the Buzău County Museum, the access being free to all the activities within the program. Let's go hand in hand at the County Museum.

We are waiting for you at the museum's headquarters, on January 24, 2020, starting at 10.45.

 

 

Manager

Dr. Daniel Costache

Buzau County Museum

Buzau County Museum is the main museum institution in Buzau County. Its foundations were laid by Basil Iorgulescu and the development of the collections led to several stages of expansion. The current headquarters is the third. From 1977 until now it is housed in the building of the former Girls' School. The building, built between 1931 and 1937, is included in the list of historical monuments, being one of the most imposing buildings in the city.

The permanent exhibitions were opened here in 1980-1981, being subsequently modified and updated in 1986, 1990, 1999-2001, 2004, 2015-2017. The newest project was implemented after the complete restoration of the building (carried out in the period 2010-2015, based on the financing of 36,906,590 lei / 8,201,464 Euros offered through the Regional Operational Program 2007-2013).

In the 1980s and 1990s, the museum's collections became substantially richer as a result of archaeological research, acquisitions, and donations. In addition to the consistent collections of history and archeology, the museum's fund has grown steadily, enriching itself with valuable goods ethnographical, artist, numismatics and in the field of mineralogy and al natural sciences.

Under the auspices of the institution, a series of books were published ("Mousaios Library"), 2 annual scientific bulletins ("Mousaios" and "Annals of the Buzău”), Catalogs and monographs, fruit of the scientific research activity carried out within the museum institution.

Buy a ticket
Learn more
Font Resize
en_GBEnglish (UK)