Buzău County Museum website

Keeping the exhibition alive

Press release

 

Buzău County Museum, a culture and research institution operating under the authority of Buzău County Council, based in Buzău, Aleea chestnut, no. 1, Buzău County announces the resumption of the program Keeping the exhibition alive.

The program is a natural continuation of a partnership that our institution has developed together with one of the prestigious educational institutions in Buzau, the High School of Arts Margaret Sterian. We remind you that during 2018 the program started at the headquarters of the Ethnography and Folk Art Collection "Vergu Mănăilă", together with the personal exhibition of Daniela Frumușanu. The success of the program, as well as its echoes, prompted us to perpetuate it. Thus, on the first Sunday of each month, starting with 12.00, between November 2019 and May 2020, at the headquarters of the museum, the exhibition space on the second floor, one of the orchestras of the High School of Arts "Margareta Sterian" Buzau, will give a classical music recital. Conductors Prof. Ionela Duță, Prof. Florentin Boroghină.

Access is free.

 

Buzau County Museum
Manager,
Dr. Daniel Costache

Buzau County Museum

Buzau County Museum is the main museum institution in Buzau County. Its foundations were laid by Basil Iorgulescu and the development of the collections led to several stages of expansion. The current headquarters is the third. From 1977 until now it is housed in the building of the former Girls' School. The building, built between 1931 and 1937, is included in the list of historical monuments, being one of the most imposing buildings in the city.

The permanent exhibitions were opened here in 1980-1981, being subsequently modified and updated in 1986, 1990, 1999-2001, 2004, 2015-2017. The newest project was implemented after the complete restoration of the building (carried out in the period 2010-2015, based on the financing of 36,906,590 lei / 8,201,464 Euros offered through the Regional Operational Program 2007-2013).

In the 1980s and 1990s, the museum's collections became substantially richer as a result of archaeological research, acquisitions, and donations. In addition to the consistent collections of history and archeology, the museum's fund has grown steadily, enriching itself with valuable goods ethnographical, artist, numismatics and in the field of mineralogy and al natural sciences.

Under the auspices of the institution, a series of books were published ("Mousaios Library"), 2 annual scientific bulletins ("Mousaios" and "Annals of the Buzău”), Catalogs and monographs, fruit of the scientific research activity carried out within the museum institution.

Buy a ticket
Learn more
Font Resize
en_GBEnglish (UK)