Buzău County Museum website

Dumitru Dan Trophy

Buzau County Museum, a cultural and research institution operating under the authority Buzau County Council, based in Buzau, Chestnut Alley, no. 1, announces the organization trophy Dumitru Dan. The story of globe-trotter Dumitru Dan continues.

Buzau County Museum accepted the challenge of the Association PENTELEU Sports Club Buzau to participate in the premiere organization of the Trophy Dumitru Dan - endurance licenses for amateur cyclists (200 km, 300 km, 400 km, 600 km). The race, the first of its kind held in Buzău County, is dedicated to the first Romanian globe-trotter, Dumitru Dan, a personality to whom our institution has dedicated an entire exhibition space. His travels around the world have aroused interest since the middle of the twentieth century.

In 2018, the story of Dumitru Dan and his traveling companions was promoted for the first time in a cycling tour at the “Danube Road” race (1440 km). This year, the PENTELEU Buzău Sports Club Association together with the Buzău County Museum is organizing the 4th edition of the trophy. With a record number of participants at the start, over 30, the first patent starts tomorrow, March 26, 2022, at 08.00, leaving in front of the museum's headquarters. The route includes points of tourist and historical interest on the territory of Buzău county, such as: the monument erected at the site of the discovery of the Treasure from Pietroasele, Grunjul from Mânzălești and the Salt Mountains from Lopătari. The participants in this patent come from Buzău, Bucharest, Ilfov, Prahova, Harghita, Bacău and Galați.

Buzau County Museum

Buzau County Museum is the main museum institution in Buzau County. Its foundations were laid by Basil Iorgulescu and the development of the collections led to several stages of expansion. The current headquarters is the third. From 1977 until now it is housed in the building of the former Girls' School. The building, built between 1931 and 1937, is included in the list of historical monuments, being one of the most imposing buildings in the city.

The permanent exhibitions were opened here in 1980-1981, being subsequently modified and updated in 1986, 1990, 1999-2001, 2004, 2015-2017. The newest project was implemented after the complete restoration of the building (carried out in the period 2010-2015, based on the financing of 36,906,590 lei / 8,201,464 Euros offered through the Regional Operational Program 2007-2013).

In the 1980s and 1990s, the museum's collections became substantially richer as a result of archaeological research, acquisitions, and donations. In addition to the consistent collections of history and archeology, the museum's fund has grown steadily, enriching itself with valuable goods ethnographical, artist, numismatics and in the field of mineralogy and al natural sciences.

Under the auspices of the institution, a series of books were published ("Mousaios Library"), 2 annual scientific bulletins ("Mousaios" and "Annals of the Buzău”), Catalogs and monographs, fruit of the scientific research activity carried out within the museum institution.

Buy a ticket
Learn more
Font Resize
en_GBEnglish (UK)