Buzău County Museum, a culture and research institution operating under the authority of Buzău County Council, based in Buzău, Aleea chestnut, no. 1, Buzău County, legally represented by Dr. Daniel Costache as Manager, announces the organization of a set of dedicated cultural activities National Culture Day. On this occasion, the cultural, educational and scientific offer of the museum for 2021 will be launched.
The program also includes a multiple scientific book launch as well as the opening of the exhibition Recent archeological discoveries on the territory of Buzău county.
January 15, 2021, 11:00 a.m. - Press conference, Buzău County Museum headquarters, et. II, room 13. The balance of the museum's activity in 2020 and the presentation of the cultural, scientific and educational offer for 2021.
January 15, 2021, 11:30 a.m. - Launch of scientific book:
- Annals of the Buzău, XII / 2020 - scientific journal of the Buzău County Museum that capitalizes mainly on the historical research of both the museographers of our institution and other specialists in the country.
- Buzău and Râmnicu Sărat counties in documents from Constantin Brâncoveanu (1689-1713), author Laurențiu-Ștefan Szemkovics - reference volume in the historical-documentary research of Buzău county, but also of the period represented by the reign of Constantin Brâncoveanu; guest: Dr. Laurențiu-Ștefan Szemkovics.
- Mousaios, XXIII / 2020 - the scientific journal of the Buzău County Museum that capitalizes on the results of archaeological research and multidisciplinary research undertaken on the territory of Buzău County, but also by colleagues from other areas of the country; The articles in the magazine are addressed primarily to specialists, but also to enthusiasts of archeology and prehistory, students and teachers. The magazine of the Buzău County Museum is cataloged in one of the prestigious online databases Central Estern European Library starting with 2012. This year's issue includes scientific papers presented at the 18th Colloquium on Funeral Archeology, hosted by our institution between 17 and 19 October 2019, the materials being signed by researchers from Serbia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Rep. Moldova and others
- Chronicle of Archaeological Research in Romania. The 2019 campaign - annual publication of the Ministry of Culture and the National Institute of Heritage, which includes all the archaeological reports carried out on the territory of Romania in 2019.
- Huns and Goths on the Lower Danube - the volume, signed by the researcher Radu Harhoiu from the Institute of Archeology "Vasile Pârvan" Bucharest, deals with the presence of Huns on the Lower Danube and implicitly in the current area of Buzau County and sheds new light on the Pietroasele Treasure from Gheraseni.
- The beginnings of the Monteoru culture. The settlement from Năeni-Zănoaga Cetatea 2 - scientific volume signed by Mihai Constantinescu, researcher at the “Francisc Reiner” Institute of Anthropology, Bucharest, former collaborator of the Buzău County Museum regarding the activity of archaeological research and scientific capitalization.
January 15, 2021, 12.00 - The exhibition “Recent archaeological discoveries on the territory of Buzău county”, during which artifacts discovered by the archaeologists of our museum on the territory of Buzău county will be presented to the general public. Although the exhibition of this kind has reached its third edition, the basic concept is a new one for our institution and aims to capitalize on the recent archaeological discoveries. The exhibition can be visited until January 2022.
Access is free.