Buzau County Museum, a cultural and research institution operating under the authority Buzau County Council, based in Buzau, Chestnut Alley, no. 1, Buzău County, organizes, Saturday, January 15, a set of dedicated cultural activities National Culture Day. The program includes the annual press conference, book launch and two openings.
The program of cultural activities is as follows:
- 11.00 - Press conference, Buzău County Museum headquarters, et. II, room 13. The balance of the cultural, educational, scientific and administrative activity of the museum in 2021 and the presentation of the cultural, scientific and educational offer for 2022.
- 11:30 a.m. - Launch of science and popularization book:
- "Annals of Buzău", no. XIII / 2021, a scientific journal of the Buzău County Museum that mainly capitalizes on the historical research of the museographers of our institution and of other specialists in the country.
- "Valea Călmățuiului in the Neo-Eneolithic", author Dr. Daniel Garvăn, archaeologist / museographer at the Buzău County Museum. The volume represents the most complex scientific approach regarding the evolution of human habitation on the Călmățui Valley, during the 6th - 5th millennia BC. HR. The work also includes an exhaustive catalog of archaeological discoveries, as well as the archaeological repertoire.
- „Restoration Catalog. Cultural heritage. The second life ”, no. 2/2021 presents the results of the activity of restorers, based on knowledge of materials, techniques and principles of scientific restoration. The publication brings together restoration works carried out by specialists from our institution and from 12 other Romanian museums. Images from the restoration are presented, which give the public an overview of the road traveled by cultural goods from museum warehouses to exhibitions.
- Funny Quarantine, the catalog illustrates the cultural-educational project #funnyquarantine implemented by the Buzău County Museum between April 10 and June 2, 2020, when the institution suspended, due to the COVID -19 pandemic, visiting exhibitions as well as other activities with the public.
- 12:00 - opening of the basic exhibition "The Gates of Bradu Monastery". Over 240 years old, the massive wooden gates have undergone an extensive restoration process in the Zonal Restoration Laboratory at the National Museum of Bukovina, Suceava. The exhibition is arranged on the first floor of the Buzău County Museum. The exhibition project is an exceptional one, unique for this exhibition.
- 12:30 - opening of the exhibition "Recent Archaeological Discoveries in Buzau County". The exhibition concept, now in its fourth edition, aims to capitalize on the latest artifacts in our museum's heritage, through systematic archaeological research, rescue and / or archaeological surveillance, in 2021. These are on display to the public for the first time. The exhibition can be visited until January 2023.
The activities dedicated to the National Culture Day can be viewed live on the Facebook page of the Buzău County Museum.
Public access is allowed from 13:00, in compliance with current health regulations.
On the day of the event, access to all museum venues and exhibitions is free.
We look forward to seeing you at the museum!