Buzău County Museum website

Decorative contemporary art

Along with the valuable artists of decorative art, there are remarkable names in the field of fine arts: Ioana Kassargian, Ion Irimescu, Ovidiu Maitec, Oscar Han and Paul Vasilescu, in the field of sculpture and the painter Brăduţ Covaliu, present in the museum heritage with a large number of works. painting and graphics.

The idea that contemporary Romanian art has its roots in the traditional art of our people is suggested by joining two distinct art universes: decorative art and folk art.

Thus, in the decorative art, representative are the panels of the artist Margareta Sterian, created by the collage technique, from materials with traditional folk motifs.

The idea of joining the vessels of popular tradition with the works of contemporary professional ceramic artists is also suggestive.

Other works of great artistic importance are those of the ceramist Eugenia Pasima and the tapestries signed by Pavel Codiţă.

The three-dimensional shapes created in the glass technique, placed at the level of the step, develop generous shapes with shining effects, with clear iridescence in the sun and refined transparencies.

They seem to exist somewhere between heaven and earth, between dream and reality.

The effect of brilliance and spectacle is taken over by the tapestries of the artist Ileana Teodorini Dan through the works Făt Frumos and Orfeu and Euridice.

The modern sculpture emphasizes the originality and authentic aspect of the Romanian art: Ovidiu Maitec - The suspended gate.

Silver jewelry and other alloys from the museum's heritage introduce the visiting public to the art of metalworking.

Buzau County Museum

Buzau County Museum is the main museum institution in Buzau County. Its foundations were laid by Basil Iorgulescu and the development of the collections led to several stages of expansion. The current headquarters is the third. From 1977 until now it is housed in the building of the former Girls' School. The building, built between 1931 and 1937, is included in the list of historical monuments, being one of the most imposing buildings in the city.

The permanent exhibitions were opened here in 1980-1981, being subsequently modified and updated in 1986, 1990, 1999-2001, 2004, 2015-2017. The newest project was implemented after the complete restoration of the building (carried out in the period 2010-2015, based on the financing of 36,906,590 lei / 8,201,464 Euros offered through the Regional Operational Program 2007-2013).

In the 1980s and 1990s, the museum's collections became substantially richer as a result of archaeological research, acquisitions, and donations. In addition to the consistent collections of history and archeology, the museum's fund has grown steadily, enriching itself with valuable goods ethnographical, artist, numismatics and in the field of mineralogy and al natural sciences.

Under the auspices of the institution, a series of books were published ("Mousaios Library"), 2 annual scientific bulletins ("Mousaios" and "Annals of the Buzău”), Catalogs and monographs, fruit of the scientific research activity carried out within the museum institution.

Buy a ticket
Learn more
Font Resize
en_GBEnglish (UK)