The telephone collection of the Buzău County Museum, the largest genre collection in the country with working parts, includes over 300 telephones of Romanian and foreign origin (Germany, France, Belgium, USSR) and chronologically illustrates the history and role of this inventions in our lives. The core of this collection is the donation of Colonel Buzoian, Nicolae Antohi (1930 - 2013), who began collecting them in 1975. It includes civil table phones, wall phones, public telephones, military and telephone exchanges from different periods: at the end of the 19th century to the present day, the predominant civil ones from the interwar period.
The oldest piece on display is an Ericsson telephone from 1898. It has a local battery and is the forerunner of the printed circuit board. The model was manufactured for a period of almost 20 years, from 1898 to almost 1920.
Another important piece of the collection is the handcrafted table telephone set, which dates back to the 1950s. The model was manufactured in a small series, up to 50 pieces, and worked by political detainees in Romanian penitentiaries. These telephones were introduced and functioned within the Central Committee of the Romanian Communist Party, starting with the 1950s. The piece owned by the museum functioned in the secretariat of the former communist leader, Gheorghe Gheorghiu-Dej, President of the State Council of the Romanian People's Republic during 1961 - 1965.
Among the pieces of the exhibition are several telephone exchanges, some of them with 10 lines, as well as herald and The future, produced in Romania in the 1940s or with a support capacity of up to 30 lines, such as the campaign telephone exchange Standard for transmissions.
The exhibition is completed by cabin telephones with local and central battery, digital table and wall models, as well as a series of mobile phones, which appeared on the Romanian market in the first years after the revolution of December 1989.